Vocab Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi All, Introduce yourselves here...

5 posters

Go down

Hi All, Introduce yourselves here... Empty Hi All, Introduce yourselves here...

Post  Admin Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:18 pm

Hi All,
Introduce yourselves here.Tell us your name and where you are from.If you have used Vocab Station tell us what you liked the most in Vocab Station. Also let us know what feature would you like to see in Vocab Station in future which is currently missing.

To introduce yourselves click on POSTREPLY button.

Last edited by on Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

https://vocabstation.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Hi All, Introduce yourselves here... Empty Re: Hi All, Introduce yourselves here...

Post  sharath Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:28 pm

Hi all,

This is Sharath from Bangalore, India.

I've started using Vocab Station and I strongly feel that it can help me get thorough with all the GRE words.

What feature I liked the most?
I liked the WordList tab in the site, because it is very similar to GMail interface. I can easily select a bunch of words and mark them as 'unread' , 'mastered' or 'not mastered'.It is also very easy to browse through all the words.

What feature I would like to see in Vocab Station?
I would like to see if a user can choose the set of words that he wants to prepare for.For example the user can select all the Kaplan GRE words or Barron's GRE words or the Big Book's GRE words.

sharath

Back to top Go down

Hi All, Introduce yourselves here... Empty Re: Hi All, Introduce yourselves here...

Post  samiuzzafar Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:07 am

Hi All,

Admin wrote:
Introduce yourselves here.Tell us your name and where you are from.

I am Sami from Lahore, Pakistan. I have done MS in Computer Science and have a 5 years experience of software development. Now I want to take GRE before applying for PhD.

Admin wrote: If you have used Vocab Station tell us what you liked the most in Vocab Station.

This is a wonderful effort and is a very user friendly one. The progress graphs are a good feature. These graphs automatically motivate a person to increase the green portions of a pie or a bar (by mastering more and more words).

Admin wrote: Also let us know what feature would you like to see in Vocab Station in future which is currently missing.

No software can be perfect and nor is this. Many features can be added to it. For example you can provide an option to import or export words into the current list.

Secondly, sometimes users pick only a subset of total words to learn. For example I am currently learning only those words which are common among 4-5 lists (including Barrons). I should be given a choice to select my words out of the total list of Barrons. Currently it displays all the words when I select a letter.

Instead of giving too many suggestions about features, I would restrict myself to only above 2.

Regards,

samiuzzafar

Back to top Go down

Hi All, Introduce yourselves here... Empty Satish (Memory and GRE Trainer)

Post  memorysatish Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Hi Friends,

This is Satish, a memory trainer from Andhra Pradesh. I teach as many as 32 different techniques in memory. I have memorised the following:

1. Unlimited Calendar. Ask me any date, month and year and I shall tell you the day.

2. I can memorize and recall 200 given objects in order and randomly.

3. I can memorize and recall 200 digit number inserted in boxes with a 10 x 10 row column arrangement in order and randomly.

4. I can memorize and recall 200 digit binary number inserted in boxes with a 10 x 10 row column arrangement in order and randomly.

5. I can memorise a shuffled set of 52 playing cards in order and randomly.

6. I can make a knight (horse) move on a chess board blindfolded covering all the 64 squares without any square getting repeated.

7. As a GRE trainer I am on my way to memorise the complete dictionary.

Apart from this, I conduct workshops on Language skills, Personality development, Interview facing skills and Meditation too.

This is all about me. I am here in this forum to acquire and share knowledge.

memorysatish

Back to top Go down

Hi All, Introduce yourselves here... Empty hi this is charan (cherry009)

Post  cherry009 Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:33 am

I'm from A.P,
I am an ENGG student pursuing my final year.

I wanna gain knowledge as well as share it....that's the main reason for which i started using this VOCABSTATION i feel its really awesome ..and very helpful to complete GRE wordlists..

cherry009

http://cherry009.googlepages.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum